Shane Sparks is a Principal at SD Consulting Group. He manages water and wastewater projects in the United States and Canada while performing soils and hydrogeological investigations, water source development, wetland delineation, and other field services.
After receiving a degree in Geology and Geophysics from the University of Minnesota in 2002, Shane worked for North American Wetland Engineering in Minnesota. During this time, he became certified as a Professional Geologist in Minnesota. Upon founding SD, Shane obtained his Professional Geologist certification in Alberta, Canada.
As a project manager at SD, Shane manages the design of decentralized water, wastewater, and stormwater systems for large-scale residential developments throughout North America including projects in Alberta, Minnesota, and North Dakota.
- Professional Geologist – Alberta
- Professional Geologist – Minnesota, 40‐hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certified
- Wetland Training Institute ‐ Wetland Delineation Training, Madison, WI
- Professional Soil Scientist in Training – Minnesota
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, MN, 2002, B.S. Geology
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, MN, 2002, B.S. Geophysics
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, MN 2006, Graduate Coursework in Soil Science
- Sparks, Shane Connected in the Country, May/June 2013
- Sparks, Shane Back to the Source, March/April 2011
- Sparks, Shane & Dougherty, Tara Merging Industry and Ecology, Stormwater, January/February 2009
- Sparks, Shane Habitat Creation Using Constructed Wetlands, January/February 2009
- Sparks, Shane A Prairie Where Pollution Ruled, Land and Water, May/June 2007
- Sparks, Shane Little Pond on the Prairie, Water Environment and Technology, October 2006